- Raised in Seffner, Florida.
- Lived in same house from age 2 until I left for school.
- Attended grades 1-10 in Tampa. Yep, same school all 10 years.
- Attended boarding academy near Orlando for grades 11 and 12.
- Spent first two college years in Tennessee.
- Finished last two college years in Michigan.
- Graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor of Technology in Media Technology/Media Communication.
- After graduation, obtained an internship back in central Florida and continued in the same office and department for 25 years, and currently working in a different department of the same office.
- On August 9 (8/9/10 @ 11:12 am), I married my sweetie, Lori. We currently reside in Apopka, northwest of downtown Orlando.
A Few Things I Enjoy
- Road trips.
- Swimming (leisure/recreational, not competitive).
- Scenic and landscape photography, especially lighthouses.
- Goofing around with my best friends.
- Stupid and silly photos with/of my friends, goofing around.
- Virtually anything involving Macintosh computers, especially internet browsing and doing fun projects with InDesign. (I used to fiddle a lot with Final Cut Pro but not so much after FCP X was released and the prior version no longer worked on newer Macs.)
I served as web editor with About This Particular Macintosh since March 2000. The publication officially produced its last issue May 2012. One of my roles was to check for rendering mistakes in each issue’s HTML edition before it went public. I also kept the link pages up to date and contributed a number of articles, reviews, and desktop wallpaper images over the years. For the short-term future, I’ll continue monitoring comments posted to the pages.
In addition, my involvement with ATPM resulted in my becoming acquainted with my best online friend.
I used to occasionally mention my pride of being a Macintosh user by the fact that I own a custom license plate that reads, well, MAC-USER! I had considered giving it up, deciding I had it long enough, but in all likelihood I’m going to keep this plate for as long as I’m still driving.