Monthly Blog Archives

Users

Posted on April 28, 2008 at 11:03 am

Are you here yet?

I fully admit this is completely a vanity post. I am interested to get a sense of how many people deem my blog posts worthy to spend time following. And, just as importantly, how many have managed to migrate from the now-retired Second Initial site to here.

Just fill in a comment with your name (or an alias I’d recognize) and say either whatever you want, or just “I’m here.”

Let me also take this opportunity to let you know that if you have any thought that you might periodically post comments in the future, feel free to sign up a user account on this site. That way, it’ll remember your information for future comments. Just use the Log In button in the left column, then use the Register link.

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

8 Responses to “Are you here yet?”

1. Bill Rodriguez (billrod) on April 28th, 2008 at 11:36 am says:

I am here and the site looks great..

2. chris on April 28th, 2008 at 12:57 pm says:

You know who I am. ;-)

3. Michael on April 28th, 2008 at 1:52 pm says:

I like the new design, but for the mis-positioned square focus ring in the search box.

4. Lee Bennett on April 28th, 2008 at 2:58 pm says:

I’d love anyone’s feedback on how to deal with that search box outline. It *only* appears in Safari—not Firefox or Internet Explorer. (Haven’t checked any other browsers.) So it does seem to be a browser issue and not a stylesheet issue.

5. Michael on April 28th, 2008 at 3:01 pm says:

Have you tried “type=’search'” on the field?

6. Michael on April 28th, 2008 at 3:04 pm says:

Or perhaps set the “outline-offset” in the CSS to 0?

7. Lee Bennett on April 28th, 2008 at 7:14 pm says:

Alas, neither idea did any good.

8. Tanner Lovelace on April 29th, 2008 at 12:26 am says:

Well, you knew I was here already. :-) Had to get back from the Obama rally first, though, before posting. Man he is a good orator!